Unfortunately, Peach season comes only once a year. So for us peach lovers learning how to stretch the life of our peaches is very important. Follow our Peach Pro Tips below to enjoy your peaches into the holiday season!
Freezing Peach Slices
- Peel and slice peaches.
- Treat them with a preservative to keep them from darkening.
- Place in a plastic freezer bag only filling to about ¾ full.
- Remove all air and freeze. They can also be frozen with sugar added or without depending on the intended use once thawed. The peaches can also be cooked as pie filling and then frozen, making winter pies a snap!
Whole Peach Freezing
- Place whole peaches in a plastic freezer bag.
(no treatment needed)
- Pull peaches from freezer as needed.
- Let thaw at room temperature until almost all ice has melted but some remains. The peach will be a little crunchy but if you let it completely thaw, it will be mushy.