As with many fruit the process of peeling the skin can be the most difficult part of the preparation process. Use our Peach Pro tips to help you speed up the peeling process!
Easy Peel Technique For Peaches
- Bring a pot of water to boil.
- Lightly score an X with a paring knife on the
bottom of each peach.
- Place 3 to 4 peaches into the water for about 1 minute ( 1-2 minutes if peaches are firm). Do not leave them in water too long as they will be mushy.
- Remove peaches with a slotted spoon and place them in cold water or ice water for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove peaches from water.
- Starting at the X, use the paring knife to pull the peach skin away from the flesh or just use your fingers to pull the skin.